Statoil to use Island Frontier on Tampen & Halten Fields
Statoil ASA has received consent to use the Island Frontier to carry out light well intervention in the Tampen and Halten Nordland areas.
Statoil has applied for consent to use the Island Frontier during the period April 1, 2007 - December 31, 2008. This is an extension of a previous consent.
Light well intervention is cable-based well maintenance in which a cable is sent directly through the sea and down into the well without using a riser, in contrast to when such work is carried out from a mobile drilling facility.
The Island Frontier is a custom-built facility operated by Island Offshore Management AS in Ulsteinvik.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)