Harriet JV Says Wonnich Deep Needs Further Evaluation
Tap Oil says that the Wonnich Deep-1 well, located in Production License TL/8 offshore Australia, has reached total depth. The Wonnich Deep-1 prospect lies underneath the producing Wonnich Flag gas reservoir and Wonnich Platform.
Wonnich Deep-1 has intersected the Upper Jurassic Dupuy Sandstone objective, encountering an overall section of approximately 60 meters. The sand development in this section is relatively poor, with total net sand thickness of approximately 10 to 15 meters. The presence of hydrocarbon shows and logging while drilling results suggest these sands are gas bearing.
Further evaluation of this Dupuy Sandstone section is currently being considered.
Wonnich Deep-1 has successfully encountered what appears to be a thinly bedded gas bearing Upper Jurassic Dupuy sandstone interval. Further evaluation is likely to be required to confirm that these gas sands are producible.
As previously reported, the shallower Flag reservoir target contained an un-swept gas zone in what is possibly a separate compartment of the Wonnich Field. The evaluation of the deeper gas zone will determine the way forward on development options; whether one or both levels will be completed for production.
The Wonnich Deep-1 well is being drilled from the Wonnich platform so further success at the deeper level will allow for relatively rapid development and tie-in to production facilities at Varanus Island.
Harriet joint venture participants are Apache Northwest as operator with 68.5%; Tap (Harriet) Pty with 12.2229%; and Kufpec Australia with 19.2771%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)