Cameron Acquires Subsea Technology Provider
Cameron has acquired DES Operations Limited, an Aberdeen, UK-based supplier of production enhancement technology for the oil and gas industry.
The acquisition provides Cameron with DES' unique MARS (Multiple Application Re-injection System) technology, which enables the installation of multiple processing technologies directly onto the subsea completion.
Since incorporating in 1999, DES has enjoyed global success with its MARS and POSSibilities technologies. Several major operators, including BP and Shell, have incorporated these products to optimize production from both new and existing fields.
MARS, which has been described as "the equivalent of a USB port on a subsea completion," has been used in various major international projects to incorporate subsea processing technologies into these developments.
DES is expected to provide Cameron increased capability to support customers by simplifying subsea processing for both on and off the wellhead applications.
Cameron is a leading provider of flow equipment products, systems and services to worldwide oil, gas and process industries.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP Returns To Solar With Investment In Lightsource (Dec 15)
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Cameron Corporation more info
- Keppel O&M Completes Acquisition of Cameron's Offshore Product Division (May 03)
- EU Clears Acquisition Of Cameron By Schlumberger (Feb 05)
- Cameron Stockholders Vote Yes to Schlumberger Merger (Dec 17)
Company: DES Operations more info
- Cameron Acquires Subsea Technology Provider (Mar 22)
- Subsea Company over the Moon with Sales of MARS (Aug 24)
- MARS-Friendly Trees Offer Flexible Subsea Field Development (May 08)