Largest-ever 3D Survey Offshore Senegal to Conclude This Week
First Australian Resources Limited (FAR) said that the acquisition phase of a 3D seismic survey offshore Senegal using the MV Symphony is due to be completed ahead of schedule on 25 March 2007. The 2050 sq km 3D survey, over the Rufisque and Sangomar and Sangomar Deep blocks, is the largest 3D survey conducted offshore Senegal and forms part of a world-class exploration program being conducted by FAR and Operator, Hunt Oil Company.
FAR noted that the acquisition phase has continued at a brisk pace with data quality being described in field reports as good to excellent.
FAR's 2050 sq km 3D survey follows Edison's recently completed 1500 km2 3D in the Rufisque Deep Offshore block adjacent and to the north. The aggregate of this combined activity is likely to substantially upgrade activity in this relatively under-explored but highly prospective northwest African margin.
FAR holds a 30-percent participation in the Rufisque Offshore, Sangomar Offshore and Sangomar Deep Offshore blocks. These offshore concessions, located in the Mauritania- Senegal, Guinea Bissau Basin, offer potential for world-class oil accumulations.
--Senegal Hunt Oil Company (Operator) 60%
--First Australian Resources Limited 30%
--Petrosen (State Oil Company) 10%
- Louisiana LNG Project Gains European Customer (Sep 27)
- Sources: Total-Led Consortium Bids for Greek Offshore Gas Drilling Block (Feb 05)
- Edison Looks to Sell Part of Egypt's Abu Qir Field (Jan 14)
Company: Hunt Oil more info
- Hunt Oil Company Says It Will Cut 10% Of Its Workforce (Apr 07)
- Pluspetrol to Invest $500M in Peru Natgas Block (Aug 04)
- KNOC Subsidiary Gathers Canadian Assets From Hunt (Dec 15)
Company: First Australian Resources more info
- Senegal Grants Extension on FAR's Offshore Blocks (Dec 04)
- FAR Receives Extension on Offshore Senegal Blocks (Nov 13)
- FAR Updates on Offshore Senegal Exploration Activities (Sep 21)
Company: Petrosen more info
- ConocoPhillips Confirms FAR Holds Pre-Emption Right for Senegal Project (Aug 23)
- Kosmos Energy Makes 'Significant' Gas Find Offshore Senegal (Jan 27)
- SNE Appraisal Program Offshore Senegal Continues with SNE-3 Drilling (Jan 19)