Burren Waives Pre-emption Right on Eni's M'Boundi Acquisition
Eni and Burren Energy have reached an agreement that provides for the following:
--Burren's waiver of the exercise of its pre-emption right related to last February's transfer of activity in Congo by Maurel & Prom; --Eni's assignment to Burren of a 5.5% interest in the M'Boundi concession and a 2% stake in the Kouilou exploration permit at the same economic terms as the acquisition from Maurel & Prom.
The total consideration will be around US$154 million.
Eni retains the operatorship and participating interests of 43.1% and 48% in the M'Boundi concession and Kouilou exploration permit, respectively.
This transaction is subject to the approval of the Congolese Authority.
- Gabon Oil Workers To End Strike At Onal Field On Wednesday (Oct 25)
- Indonesia's Pertamina Takes 24.53% Stake in France's Maurel & Prom (Aug 03)
- Maurel & Prom Makes Deep Cuts as Oil Price Fall Bites (Jan 28)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Burren Energy more info
- Eni Makes Mandatory Offer for 20% of Hindustan Oil Exploration (Apr 24)
- A Step Closer for Eni and Burren (Jan 11)
- Eni UK Makes Offer for Burren Energy (Dec 12)