Serica Energy Secures Drilling Rig for Columbus Appraisal
Serica Energy has secured the use of the Sedco 704 semisub for appraisal wells on the Columbus prospect, in Central North Sea Block 23/16f.
The rig has been contracted through AGR Peak Group and Serica will have the first two slots in the program, with drilling due to commence in Q3 2007. Serica is the operator of the license.
Serica will initially drill a vertical appraisal well and, depending upon the outcome, then intends to sidetrack the well to drill and test a horizontal development well.
The Columbus appraisal wells follow the successful exploration well, announced in December 2006, which tested at a rate of 17.5 million scfd and 1,000 bopd of condensate.
Paul Ellis, Chief Executive, said:
"We are pleased to have already secured a drilling rig for Columbus appraisal wells. The Columbus discovery was made in December 2006, less than a year after the award of the license, and we are looking forward to confirming the field's potential with early appraisal drilling. We also expect to drill and complete a horizontal section in order to carry out a high rate production test."
Correction to press release of March 15, 2007
On March 15, 2007 Serica announced a farm-out of half of its 90% interest in the Biliton Block to Nations Petroleum, a subsidiary of Nations Petroleum Company Limited, which was incorrectly referred to as Nations Energy Company Limited.
- Erskine Field Production Start-Up Delayed (Aug 23)
- Serica Completes Acquisition of 18% Stake in North Sea Erskine Field (Jun 05)
- Sidi Moussa Well Offshore Morocco Finds Oil (Oct 20)
Company: AGR Group more info
- AGR Signs MOU with SP Offshore for Work Offshore Comoros Islands (May 07)
- BP Norge Awards AGR New Frame Agreement (Jun 10)
- Ghanaian Parliament Ratifies South Deepwater Tano Deal (Jan 27)