Maurel & Prom Reports Colombia Discovery
Maurel & Prom (operator, 100%) on Monday announced a new oil discovery through its 100% owned Colombian subsidiary, Hocol S.A., on the Guarrojo permit. The permit was signed in February 2006 with the National Hydrocarbon Agency of Colombia (ANH). The Ocelote-1 exploration well in the Llanos central region, 300 km east of Bogota, stopped at 4,816 ft and pumped out 600 b/d of an oil at 23.6 degrees API.
Maurel & Prom considers that the proven and probable reserves (P1+P2) after royalties should be 11.4 Mbbls at 100%, to be compared to a Maurel & Prom production of 5.2 Mbbls for 2006 in Colombia.
Maurel & Prom holds 100% of this exploration permit; a sliding scale royalty, starting at 8%, is applicable on the oil production from the block. This percentage (before royalties) will remain unchanged during the development phase.
The company is planning a 3D seismic survey and an extended test to appraise the Ocelote discovery of which 3P reserves are estimated at 35 Mbbls. A long period test will start and the production will be transferred by truck.
Maurel & Prom and Hocol S.A. are very pleased with these results, within weeks of the announcement of La Canada Norte-1 oil discovery in the San Jacinto/Rio Paez permit, Upper Magdalena Valley, also operated by Hocol.
The Ocelote discovery significantly highgrades the strong acreage position held by Maurel & Prom in the Llanos basin, with three adjacent blocks being operated by the company at 100% working interests.
- Gabon Oil Workers To End Strike At Onal Field On Wednesday (Oct 25)
- Indonesia's Pertamina Takes 24.53% Stake in France's Maurel & Prom (Aug 03)
- Maurel & Prom Makes Deep Cuts as Oil Price Fall Bites (Jan 28)
Company: ANH more info
- Colombian ANH's 'Open Round' Roadshow Visits Houston (Feb 04)
- Ecopetrol Hits Hydrocarbons at Tempranillo North-1 (Jan 29)
- Colombia's ANH 'Open Round' Arrives in Calgary (Jan 27)