Gaz De France Selects Wavefield Inseis for North Sea 3D Survey
Wavefield Inseis AS has received a letter of intent from Gaz de France to carry out a 3D marine seismic survey offshore Norway.
Due to commence in June 2007, the survey is expected to take one month and will cover an area of 380 km2 over blocks 34/6 and 35/4 in the North Tampen area of the North Sea. Wavefield Inseis will deploy a four streamer - or greater capacity - vessel for the assignment, which will be equipped with some of the most advanced seismic acquisition technology available.
After the tender process, Gaz de France Norge selected Wavefield Inseis ahead of five other seismic acquisition operators. This will be the first time the companies have worked together utilizing Wavefield Inseis' extensive experience of 3D marine projects. It is also the first project Gaz de France Norge has commissioned over blocks 34/6 and 35/4, although they are located within one of its core operational areas - the northern North Sea.
"The LOI from Gaz de France Norge illustrates our growing, international reputation," commented Rick Donoghue, Wavefield Inseis' vice president sales and marketing. He added, "We are expanding our operation at a rapid rate and the addition of Gaz de France Norge to our client base represents
another significant step forward for Wavefield Inseis."
- Grenland Group Delivers Gjoa Subsea Structures (Sep 01)
- Plexus to Supply Wellhead Systems for Mediterranean E&P Activities (Jul 20)
- ELNG Completes First Ever Health & Safety Partnership Program with GE O&G (Jul 15)
Company: Wavefield Inseis AS more info
- CGGVeritas Sets the Date for Acquisition of Wavefield Inseis (Feb 04)
- CGGVeritas' Settlement for Wavefield's Shares Expected to Close Tomorrow (Feb 03)
- CGGVeritas Closes Mandatory Offer for All Wavefield Shares (Jan 28)