Talisman Energy: Significant Gas Find in North BC Foothills
Talisman Energy has drilled a successful natural gas well in the foothills area of northeastern British Columbia with Husky Oil Operations Limited (50%). The Talisman Husky Federal d-28-H/94-B-7 well tested at restricted rates of 21 to 25 mmcf/d (gross raw gas) with a flowing wellhead pressure of 2,300 psi. The well is expected to commence production by November 2007.
"This is an exciting result in a new area," said Dr. Jim Buckee, President and Chief Executive Officer. "Using our extensive thrust and fold belt exploration experience, we have opened up a new high potential area north of Monkman and we are well positioned from a land perspective."
The Federal well was drilled along a new exploration fairway. The new discovery is approximately 100 kilometers north of Talisman's Monkman area. The Company has identified two 100% opportunities on the structure, which it expects to drill in 2007 and 2008. Talisman holds rights to approximately 10,000 gross hectares in the region.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Husky Energy more info
- Husky Energy Posts Smaller 2Q Loss On Higher Oil Prices (Jul 21)
- Canada's LNG Failure Is Its Own Fault, Seven Gen Founder Says (Jul 17)
- Statoil Drills Dry Wells Off Canada's Newfoundland (Jul 10)