Silverstone Energy Celebrates Promising North Sea Gas Discovery
Silverstone Energy Limited has made another promising North Sea gas discovery. The company estimates the Southern North Sea 49/17–14 Lx exploration well contains approximately 50 billion cubic feet of gas in place in a 311 foot gas column in the Rotliegendes sandstone reservoir.
Associated discovered accumulations in adjacent fault blocks increase the estimated Lx B North Field gas in place to more than 120 billion cubic feet of gas.
Silverstone and partners, ConocoPhillips and BP, are reviewing the well results and other technical and commercial information to plan the development of the field.
Silverstone Chief Operating Officer, Steve Horton, said: "In our first year of operations, Silverstone has drilled three discovery wells in the Southern Gas Basin. Our challenge now is to work with our partners and bring these new fields effectively and efficiently onto production."
Silverstone was formed two years ago as a joint venture between the specialist energy focused private equity fund, Lime Rock Partners, and Calgary based independent oil and gas company, Storm Ventures International Inc.
A farm-in agreement with ConocoPhillips and BP covers a selection of exploration opportunities in blocks 49/12a, 49/16, 49/17, 48/20b, 48/25b and 49/21 in the vicinity of the prolific V Fields and Viking Fields. Silverstone hold a number of other Southern and Central North Sea licenses awarded during the 22, 23 and 24 UK Seaward Licensing Rounds.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP Sees Electric Future With Oil Demand Peaking in 2030s (Feb 20)
- Big Oil Said to Plan Tenfold Expansion of Cost-Cut Collaboration (Jan 23)
- BP Is Said to Weigh Bid for $1.8B Italian Solar Company (Jan 22)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- Why Canada Is The Next Frontier For Shale Oil (Jan 29)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
Company: Silverstone Energy more info
- Silverstone, Bridge Merge into Bridge Energy ASA (Apr 08)
- CSL to Decommission Tristan North West in UK North Sea (Jan 12)
- Silverstone Abandons UKCS Well But Upbeat on Adjoining Vulcan Prospects (Apr 09)