Total Wins Operatorship of Mahakam Delta Block
Total has been awarded the South East Mahakam exploration block in the Mahakam Delta offshore East Kalimantan in Indonesia offered as part of the 2006 Licensing Round held by the Indonesian Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources.
Total will be the operator with a 50% interest, partnered with Inpex. Located in water depths ranging from 50 meters to 200 meters, around 20 kilometers south of Peciko production facilities operated by Total, South East Mahakam covers an area of around 2,000 square kilometers.
The commitments include a 3D seismic survey and the drilling of two exploration wells.
This success illustrates Total's commitment to actively pursuing exploration in Indonesia and contributing to the long-term development of the oil and gas industry in the country.
Present in Indonesia since 1968, Total is the country's leading gas producer. Production has grown steadily since 1999, and the Group now supplies 80% of the feed gas for the Bontang liquefaction plant from the Mahakam block, in which the Tambora, Tunu and Peciko gas fields are located. Total produced more than 2.6 billion cubic feet per day of gas from the Mahakam block in 2006. Output will be maintained at this level at least through the early years of the next decade. The Group is also a top-tier oil and condensate producer, with operated output of 90,000 barrels per day in 2006.
- BP Squeezed Out of Abu Dhabi Offshore Oil as China, Italy Win (Mar 22)
- Eni Promises Richer Returns After Exploration Success (Mar 16)
- Exxon, Total, Repsol Among Bidders For Oil Exploration Off Greece (Mar 05)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Japan's Inpex Sticks To End-March Start-Up Target For Ichthys LNG Project (Mar 09)
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)