Total Says Hans Wildcat a Duster
Total E&P Norge AS, operator of production license 323, has concluded drilling of wildcat well 6406/8-2 offshore Norway.
The objective of the well was to examine the oil and gas potential in a Jurassic prospect called Hans, located 45 kilometers north-west of the Njord field in the Norwegian Sea.
Wildcat well 6406/8-2 was drilled to a total depth of 4700 meters below the sea surface and concluded in rocks from the Early Jurassic Age. The well was dry and it will now be permanently plugged and abandoned.
Well 6406/8-2 was drilled using the semisub Ocean Vanguard in 365 meters of water. Statoil will now take over the Ocean Vanguard for drilling on the Snorre field.
Licensees in production license 323 are Total E&P Norge as operator with 40%; Statoil with 20%; Shell with 20% and Eni with 20%.
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)