emgs Calls Off Patent Case Against OHM
Electromagnetic Geoservices AS (emgs) has agreed to discontinue patent proceedings against Offshore Hydrocarbon Mapping plc (OHM).
emgs is discontinuing its proceedings in the High Court of London against OHM which alleged infringement of emgs' patents relating to Seabed Logging.
OHM filed evidence with the Court seeking to demonstrate that emgs was mistaken in its belief that OHM's activities were infringing.
emgs has also agreed to pay £50,000 toward OHM's costs in defending this action.
Dave Pratt, Offshore Hydrocarbon Mapping's, Chief Executive Officer, said:
"We have consistently stated that we were not infringing the patent in question.
We are very pleased that emgs has dropped this time-consuming action. We will
now continue with our business as normal."
- EMGS Secures Contract Extension With Malaysian Oil Company (Nov 17)
- EMGS Confirms Further Staff Cuts (Oct 17)
- EMGS Confirms Staff Cuts (Apr 14)
Company: Offshore Hydrocarbon Mapping (OHM) more info
- OHM Bags CSEM Contract in North Sea (Jun 11)
- Rock Solid Images Scores Major West African Seismic Gig (Dec 01)
- OHM Secures CSEM Survey in Offshore Equatorial Guinea (Nov 16)