Rio Negro Inks Exploration Concession Contracts
The governor of Argentina's Rio Negro province, Miguel Saiz, has signed exploration contracts with four hydrocarbons companies to explore four areas of the province, the provincial government said in a statement.
Specifically, the province awarded the Laguna El Loro block to US oil company Cliveden, the Laguna de Piedra block to Korean oil firm Golden Oil, the Loma de Kauffman block to Argentine oil firm Interenergy and the Cinco Saltos block to Argentine oil firm Pluspetrol.
"We closed the first round of bidding by signing the contracts today," Saiz said in the statement.
Estimated investment in the four blocks is expected to reach US$80mn in total over two years.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Government: Bids on Peru's Biggest Oil Block to Start in April (Mar 06)
- Pluspetrol Interested in Bidding on Peru's Biggest Oil Block (Feb 11)
- Argentina's Pluspetrol to Buy Apco Oil and Gas for $427 Million (Oct 03)
Company: Golden Oil more info
- Rio Negro Inks Exploration Concession Contracts (Mar 09)
- Rio Negro to Sign 4 Exploration Concessions End-January (Dec 28)
- Gran Tierra Completes Financing, Closes Acquisitions (Jun 21)