Bjorge Garners Gjoa Contract from Aker Kvaerner
Aker Kværner Stord AS and Bjorge AS have signed a Letter of Intent related to the Gjoa Semi EPCH project. The contract will cover deliveries of diesel-powered emergency generators and carries a value of approx. 50 million NOK.
The equipment, to be delivered by Bjorge in 2008, includes an Emergency Generator with an output of 1.6 MW and an Essential Generator with 5.2 MW output.
According to Head of Division Johan Fredriksson, the contract consolidates Bjorge's venture within a product area that is new to the company.
"We have recently doubled the workforce in our division and have signed new contracts with European manufacturers of this kind of equipment," said Fredriksson. "The award of this contract was therefore strategically important."
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Bjorge ASA more info
- Aasland Takes Helm At Bjoerge (Jan 05)
- GE O&G Awards Bjorge Naxys Contract for Monitoring Subsea Installations (Jun 29)
- EnerMech Snaps Up Norwegian North Sea Crane Division (Oct 30)