Oceaneering Wins Shenzi Umbilical Contract from BHP
Oceaneering International, Inc. has secured a contract from BHP Billiton Limited to supply umbilical distribution and connection equipment for the initial Shenzi field development. Co-venturers in the Shenzi development include Hess Corporation and Repsol YPF.
The order is for three suction-pile-supported umbilical distribution system structures, 40 steel tube flying lead assemblies, junction plates, and assorted test equipment. Each structure will have umbilical termination, hydraulic, and electrical/communication assemblies that will be independently retrievable for ease of maintenance.
Product manufacturing is planned to take place at the Oceaneering Intervention Engineering facility in Houston, Texas. Hardware deliveries are expected to commence in the second quarter of 2007 and conclude in the first quarter of 2008.
The Shenzi field is located within the Gulf of Mexico, Green Canyon area in water depth of approximately 4,300 feet. The initial field development will consist of seven subsea production wells tied back to a tension leg platform.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- BHP Sees Faster Shale Sale in Race to Exit $10 Billion Unit (Feb 20)
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil, Hess Strike Lucky No. 7 Offshore Guyana (Feb 28)
- Hess Posts 13th Straight Quarterly Loss; Shares Dive (Feb 05)
- Hess Cutting Hundreds of Workers As It Battles Activist Investor (Jan 16)
Company: Oceaneering International more info
- Oceaneering Names New CEO (Feb 15)
- IoT Technology to Reduce Need for Oil, Gas Workers Offshore (Oct 14)
- Oceaneering Clinches Contract to Provide Subsea Support Vessel in India (Sep 30)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon, Total, Repsol Among Bidders For Oil Exploration Off Greece (Mar 05)
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)