Seneca Names McGinnis Senior VP
Seneca Resources Corporation, the exploration and production subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company, announced that John P. McGinnis has been named Senior Vice President, Exploration and Development.
"We are pleased to welcome John to the Company," said David F. Smith, President and Chief Operating Officer of National Fuel Gas Company. "Adding John to our management team at Seneca further underscores our commitment to develop and extract value from our Appalachian holdings. Like Matt Cabell, Seneca's recently-named President, John possesses technical expertise and industry experience that will strongly contribute to our Appalachian growth plan," Smith added.
McGinnis has 22 years experience in oil and gas exploration, including his most recent position as General Manager, Exploration and Production (Eastern U.S.) for Dominion Resources, where he was responsible for leading the business unit's strategy to explore for reserves in Appalachia and other Eastern U.S. regions.
"John's extensive experience will help Seneca to achieve the long-term objectives of increasing reserves and reducing finding costs," said Matt Cabell, President of Seneca. "In particular, John will help to execute a comprehensive growth plan for our Appalachian properties, while also providing day-to-day oversight of the overall exploration program. Barry McMahan will continue in his current role as Senior Vice President, Production and Operations, helping Seneca to maintain our position as an efficient low-cost producer."
Prior to his employment at Dominion Resources, McGinnis was Vice President of Exploration for Nuevo Energy and Division Explorationist for Amerada Hess Corporation. He holds a PhD in Marine Geology and Geophysics from Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory and both a Masters degree and a Bachelor of Science degree in Geophysics from Purdue University. McGinnis and his wife, Lana, reside in Houston, Texas, with their two children.
National Fuel Gas Company is an integrated energy company with $3.8 billion in assets comprising five principal operating segments: Utility, Pipeline and Storage, Exploration and Production, Energy Marketing, and Timber.
- Dominion Hub III Project Seeking Binding Precedent (Jan 08)
- 2007 Mr. Spindletop Retires: Dominion Bids Farewell to Radtke (Jan 04)
- Dominion Closes Sale on its E&P Mid-Continent Properties (Aug 31)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess Cutting Hundreds of Workers As It Battles Activist Investor (Jan 16)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
Company: Nuevo Energy Company more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Seneca Names McGinnis Senior VP (Mar 08)
- Nuevo Energy Extends Tender Offer for Senior Notes (Jun 15)
- Nuevo Energy's Tender Offer Expires (May 28)
Company: Seneca Resources more info
- Seneca to Convert Marcellus Drilling Rigs to Nat Gas (Oct 25)
- Seneca Purchases Marcellus Stake (Jan 10)
- Additional Operators Join Object's Marcellus Project (Dec 22)
Company: National Fuel Gas Co. more info
- National Fuel Deems Marcellus JV Unlikely (Aug 05)
- Seneca Enters Agreement to Sell GOM Properties (Mar 09)
- National Fuel Gas Elects New Chairman (Mar 11)