Enterprise Completes Installation of Independence Hub Platform
Enterprise Products Partners says that the Independence Hub production platform has been successfully installed at its deepwater site in the Mississippi Canyon area of the eastern Gulf of Mexico and has started earning demand revenues. Enterprise owns an 80 percent interest in the Independence Hub, with Helix Energy Solutions Group, Inc. owning the remaining 20 percent interest.
Located approximately 150 miles southeast of Venice, Louisiana in more than 8,000 feet of water, the Independence Hub is the deepest offshore platform ever installed in the world. The facility is also the largest in terms of production capacity, capable of handling up to 1 billion cubic feet per day (Bcf/d) of natural gas, which represents more than a 10 percent increase in current natural gas deliveries from the Gulf.
"The installation of the Independence Hub marks a major milestone in one of the most significant offshore projects ever developed," said Enterprise President and Chief Executive Officer Robert G. Phillips. "Credit for this outstanding achievement goes to our employees, customers, contractors and service companies who were clearly up to the challenge and worked together to complete the project. Besides the financial benefits of the project, those involved in this initiative can take satisfaction in knowing they made a significant contribution to securing an important source of domestic energy."
With the installation phase now complete, control of the Independence Hub will be transferred to Anadarko Petroleum Corporation as platform operator for the group of producers developing the ten fields discovered to date. Production from the fields served by Independence is expected to begin in the second half of 2007.
The producer group is now in the process of installing flowline risers, which will transport production from the subsea wellheads to the Independence Hub, and Enterprise is installing the export pipeline riser that will transport natural gas from the platform to the 134-mile Independence Trail pipeline, which was installed in August of 2006. Owned 100 percent by Enterprise, Independence Trail will transport up to 1 Bcf/d of natural gas from the Independence Hub to the partnership's West Delta 68 platform, which connects to a third party pipeline that will deliver the gas onshore into Louisiana.
Phillips added, "The Independence project is an example of Enterprise's integrated midstream energy value chain philosophy in action. Once production begins, we will begin earning volumetric fees from the platform and the pipeline in addition to the monthly demand fees from the hub."
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
Company: Enterprise Products Partners LP more info
- Enterprise to Ship More Permian Crude to Texas Gulf Coast (Dec 06)
- Colonial Partners With Enterprise For Fuel Exports From Beaumont Terminal (Oct 10)
- Pompano Gas Production Ramps Up Again (Jul 26)
Company: Helix Energy Solutions more info
- Helix Inks Petrobras Deal Offshore Brazil (Feb 11)
- Jurong Shipyard Bags $346M Deal to Build Well Intervention Rig for Helix (Sep 12)
- Helix to Build Additional Newbuild Semisub (Jul 31)