Horizon Signs Major Contract for Offshore Mass. LNG Project
Horizon Offshore, Inc. said that its subsidiary, Horizon Offshore Contractors, Inc., has signed a contract with Algonquin Gas Transmission, LLC, an affiliate of Spectra Energy Corp., to lay and bury 16 miles of 24" trunk line, two 18'' lateral lines, along with the associated tie-ins and testing of the pipelines. These pipelines will service the Northeast Gateway Deepwater Port being constructed offshore Massachusetts.
The work is expected to commence in May 2007 with completion expected by November 2007. The Company will utilize three of its vessels to perform this project: the Lone Star Horizon, Atlantic Horizon and Texas Horizon. The Company also stated that its current backlog is approximately $300 million.
Horizon and its subsidiaries provide marine construction services for the offshore oil and gas and energy industries. The Company's fleet is used to perform a wide range of marine construction activities, including installation and repair of marine pipelines to transport oil and gas and other sub sea production systems, and the installation and abandonment of production platforms.
- Cal Dive Announces Two New Directors (Dec 19)
- Helix to Release Formal 2008 Earnings Late-February (Dec 13)
- Cal Dive Completes Purchase of Horizon (Dec 11)
Company: Spectra Energy Corp. more info
- FTC Approves Enbridge Deal To Buy Spectra With Conditions (Feb 16)
- One Slice of Global Gas Market Just Got Bigger for U.S. Drillers (Nov 17)
- UPDATE: Western Pennsylvania Natgas Pipeline Explodes, Injuring One (Apr 29)
Company: Algonquin Gas Transmission, LLC more info
- Horizon Signs Major Contract for Offshore Mass. LNG Project (Mar 07)