Wonnich Deep-1 Encounters Gas at Secondary Objective
Tap Oil reports that the Wonnich Deep-1 well is still suspended after the rig was evacuated for Tropical Cyclone George. Before the evacuation the well had reached 4,100 meters measured depth. After re-manning, the well is planned to drill to a total depth of around 5,200m measured depth.
Wonnich Deep-1 is located in production license TL/8 offshore Australia and is being drilling from the existing Wonnich Platform.
The secondary target Flag reservoir was intersected and logs indicate an un-swept 28.5m gas column overlying a 3.5m oil column.
The un-swept gas zone at the Flag sandstone level in Wonnich Deep-1 is a positive result and is better than expectations inferred from production data. It is possible that the gas in this part of the field is in a separate compartment from the gas currently being accessed by the Wonnich-1 production well. The gas identified in the Wonnich Deep-1 well will have a positive effect on reserves estimates for the Wonnich producing field.
The primary objective of the well is to test the Upper Jurassic Dupuy sandstone which is a proven reservoir in the basin. With delays due to cyclones it is anticipated that results from this level will be available in 10-14 days.
Harriet Joint Venture participants are Apache Northwest Pty Ltd as operator with 68.5%; Tap (Harriet) Pty Ltd with 12.2229% and Kufpec Australia with 19.2771%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)