Mosaic: Rig Secured for Hurricane-2
Mosaic Oil NL said that the Santos-led WA-208-P Joint Venture has approved the drilling of the Hurricane-2 by the Premium Wilcraft jack-up rig.
Drilling is expected to commence in April-May 2007.
Hurricane-2, which is expected to take 20 days to drill, will investigate the possibility of an oil leg downdip from the Hurricane-1 gas discovery well drilled in 2005. Hurricane-1 discovered 76 m gross gas column on rock with no gas-water or gas-oil contact identified. Supporting pressure and gas/condensate compositional data indicated the likelihood of an underlying oil leg.
Hurricane is a large fan play with gross 40-50 million barrels of recoverable oil potential.
Mosaic Oil has a 6% interest in WA-208P.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Mosaic Oil more info
- O&G Exploration Bonanza: 9 Offshore Taranaki Permits Awarded (Sep 24)
- Mosaic, Vicpet Shake on Queensland Farm-In Programs (Jun 12)
- Hurricane Classified as a New Field Oil & Gas Discovery (Jul 23)