Statoil Gets OK for Drilling Permit from NPD
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Statoil ASA a drilling permit for well 15/6-9 S. The well will be drilled by the West Epsilon after the rig completes drilling of wildcat well 16/4-4 for Statoil in production license 339.
The drilling program for well 15/6-9 S relates to drilling of a wildcat well in production license 303. Statoil is the operator and holds a 100% ownership interest in the license. The area of this license comprises all of blocks 15/2, 15/6 and 15/8, as well as the western and eastern parts of block 15/3 and the southern and northern parts of block 15/5. Block 15/6 is located about 7 km north of Sleipner Vest and 3 km east of the 15/5-1 Dagny discovery in the central part of the North Sea.
Production license 303 was awarded in the North Sea Awards in 2003. This is the first well to be drilled in the license.
The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)