Jacobs Garners Nexen Maintenance Contract
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. has received a three-year contract to provide full-service maintenance services for Nexen's Fort McMurray oil sands operations in Canada.
Officials did not disclose the contract value.
Jacobs will provide diversified maintenance services including craft and supervision planning, scheduling assistance during commissioning and start-up, and ongoing industrial maintenance once the plant is operational.
Start-up of the facility is expected in March of this year. Jacobs will draw upon their proven maintenance planning systems and 5,000 craft in Canada to enhance reliability and efficiency of plant operations. By offering long-term career opportunities and diverse career paths through their educational Leadership Development Program, Jacobs provides a stable and growing workforce and a sound foundation for Nexen's investment.
In making the announcement, Jacobs Group Vice President Greg Landry stated, "We are delighted with this opportunity to implement our proven maintenance management tools at Nexen's new facility. Our full-facility management program will support Nexen on their way to becoming an industry benchmark for operational excellence."
Jacobs, with over 45,000 employees and revenues approaching $8.0 billion, provides technical, professional, and construction services globally.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: Jacobs Engineering BV more info
- Jacobs Wins More Than $1.4B in Alberta Oil Sands Work (Oct 11)
- Shell Extends Jacobs' North Sea Services Contract (Apr 19)
- Jacobs Bags Service Contract for Canadian LNG Facility (Mar 09)