Petroperu, Petrobras to Begin Drilling 6 Blocks in 2H08
Peru's state oil company Petroperu and Brazil's federal energy company Petrobras (NYSE: PBR) will begin exploratory drilling on six blocks in Peru's Maranon basin in the second half of 2008, official paper El Peruano reported.
The companies are in a pre-exploration stage that involves gathering seismic data and will require 18 months work before drilling can begin.
Studies will require a total US$1mn investment.
The companies signed six technical evaluation agreements (TEAs) for blocks 26-31 in November last year.
Colombia's state oil company Ecopetrol also will join the work group for the six blocks.
Petroperu and Petrobras will define the possible participation of Ecopetrol in the next 45 days, news agency Andina reported.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Ecopetrol more info
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Names New CEO, Echeverry Resigns (Aug 17)
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Rubiales Oil Output Hit By Protests (Jun 27)
- Rebel Bomb Attack Halts Colombia's Cano Limon Crude Pipeline (Jun 22)
Company: Petroperu more info
- Company: Explosion At Petroperu Crude Oil Tank Kills Two Workers (Dec 06)
- Peru Crude Oil Pipeline Resumes Operation After Year Of Spills (Sep 26)
- Peru To Issue Up To $3B In Bonds To Finance State-Run Oil Firm (Apr 18)