Aker Yards to Build Anchor Handling Supply Vessels for DOF
Aker Yards has entered into a contract with DOF ASA for building of two AHTS vessels, and an option to build another two vessels. The value of the contract is approximately NOK 750 million per vessel.
The vessels are Anchor Handling Supply Vessels, based on the Aker design AH 04. Delivery is scheduled in Q4 2009, and Q2 2010. The vessels will have a bollard pull in excess of 300 tons, and will be outfitted with a triple drum winch of 500 tons. Accommodation is planned for 90 persons.
The hulls for the vessels will be built at Aker Yards, Tulcea in Romania and outfitted at Aker Yards in Norway.
--Vessels type: Anchor Handling Supply Vessels --Length: 108 m --Beam: 24 m --Depth to main deck: 9.8 m --Design: Aker AH 04
Aker Yards ASA is an international shipbuilding group focusing on sophisticated vessels. The group has a strong position both in terms of innovation, product range, technology, experience and capacity. The product range includes cruise vessels & ferries, merchant vessels, offshore & specialized vessels. Aker Yards comprises 17 yards in Brazil, Finland, France, Germany, Norway, Romania and Ukraine. Aker Yards has approximately 20,000 employees.
- STX Europe Refinances Revolving Credit Facility (Nov 06)
- Aker Yards Swaps Name for STX to Focus on International Market (Nov 03)
- Wartsila to Supply Propulsion Equipment for 5 Offshore Vessels (Nov 03)
Company: DOF more info
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- DOF Subsea Bags IRM Contract for Shell Australia's Prelude FLNG Facility (Aug 01)
- DOF Rederi Secures North Sea Services Contracts with Nexen, Maersk (Apr 12)