Eni, Partners Hit Oil Pay in Norwegian Barents Sea
Eni successfully completed drilling activities of Exploration well 7125/4-1, about 110 kilometers northeast of the Goliat Field, in the offshore area of the Norwegian Barents Sea.
The well is a hydrocarbon discovery, and represents further confirmation of Eni's trust in the great hydrocarbon potential of the area, where Eni is operator of the Goliat Field.
Eni is holder of 30% equity in this new discovery. Other partners are Norsk Hydro (operator with 30%), BG (20%) and Petoro (20%).
In the course of 2007 Eni plans to finalize the concept selection phase for the Goliat field (Eni operator with 65%) development, in line with the challenging technical and environmental constraints of the Barents Sea.
Furthermore, Eni plans to drill an additional exploration well during 2007, to evaluate the possible extension of the field to the north.
Eni has been present in Norway since 1964, with first production from the Ekofisk Field in 1971. Current Eni production in Norway is in the order of 140,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boed), consisting of both oil and gas.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)