Technip Awarded a New Flexible Pipe Contract in Brazil
Technip has been awarded a contract worth approximately $150 million by Petrobras for the development of the Roncador field, located off the Brazilian coast. The Roncador P-54 project consists of eleven production and six water injection subsea wells, located at water depths down to 1,740 meters and connected in direct tie-back to the P-54 FPSO anchored at a water depth of 1,400 meters.
Technip will perform the engineering, project management, manufacturing and testing of six different types of flexible pipes:
- eleven production flowlines,
- eleven gas lift flowlines,
- six water injection flowlines,
- eleven production risers,
- eleven gas lift risers, and
- six water injection risers.
Technip's operations and engineering center in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) will execute the engineering and the project management. The Group's plant located in Vitoria (Brazil) will manufacture the 142 km of flexible pipes.
This contract between Technip and Petrobras marks a new step in their longstanding and fruitful collaboration. Technip and its partners are currently executing two other contracts for the development of the Roncador field: one covers the engineering and construction of the P-52 semi-submersible platform and one covers the design, manufacture and installation of its tie-back pipes.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)