Foster Wheeler Wins Design Work for Nigerian LNG Project
Foster Wheeler's UK and Nigerian subsidiaries, Foster Wheeler Energy Limited and Foster Wheeler (Nigeria) Limited, in a joint venture with Chiyoda Corporation, have been awarded a contract by Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) for the Project Specification, or front-end engineering design, for the SevenPlus project.
The SevenPlus project involves the construction of two new natural gas liquefaction trains, each producing 8.5 million metric tonnes of LNG per annum, at NLNG's Bonny Island LNG complex in Nigeria. On completion, these will be the two largest LNG trains in the world. NLNG is a partnership of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC), Shell, Total and Eni.
The terms of the contract were not disclosed, and the award was included in Foster Wheeler's fourth-quarter 2006 bookings.
Foster Wheeler and its joint venture partner will produce a project specification package, which will form the basis for an invitation to bid for an engineering, procurement and construction contract.
"Foster Wheeler is proud to be leading this joint venture," said Steve Davies, chairman and chief executive officer, Foster Wheeler Energy Limited. "This award demonstrates NLNG's confidence in the quality and experience of our technical experts and our LNG track record. We are committed to working with NLNG to meet its objectives including safety, quality, cost, schedule and local content."
"We welcome Foster Wheeler's leadership in our plans to design and build the world's two largest LNG trains in Nigeria," commented Chinasa Ego-Osuala, expansion co-ordinator, Nigeria LNG Limited. "Foster Wheeler has over 30 years' experience in Nigeria and brings substantial LNG liquefaction expertise from other LNG projects in Australia, the Middle East and the Far East."
Foster Wheeler Ltd. is a global company offering, through its subsidiaries, a broad range of engineering, procurement, construction, manufacturing, project development and management, research and plant operation services. Foster Wheeler serves the refining, upstream oil and gas, LNG and gas-to-liquids, petrochemicals, chemicals, power, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and healthcare industries. The corporation is based in Hamilton, Bermuda, and its operational headquarters are in Clinton, New Jersey, USA.
- Japan's NYK Completes Acquisition of 25% Stake in EMAS CHIYODA Subsea (Sep 30)
- Saipem Bags 2 Contracts for Indonesia's Tangguh LNG Expansion Project (Jul 28)
- LTHE-ECS JV Bags $1.6B EPCI Deal from Saudi Aramco for Hasbah Gas Project (Jul 22)
Company: Nigerian National Petroleum Corp. (NNPC) more info
- Nigeria's State Oil Company Signs Deals With Chevron, Shell (Aug 03)
- Nigeria To Continue Oil Exploration In Lake Chad Basin Despite Kidnapping (Jul 31)
- Nigeria Says Has Rescued Oil Firm Staff Kidnapped By Suspected Boko Haram (Jul 26)
Company: Foster Wheeler more info
- WorleyParsons and JV Partners Win FEED Contract for LNG Canada Project (May 21)
- Amec Agrees to buy Foster Wheeler for $3B (Jan 13)
- Report: British Engineer Amec Eyeing Foster Wheeler Takeover (Nov 27)