JSX 'Encouraged' by Reprocessed Thai Seismic
CGGVeritas recently reprocessed JSX Energy Inc.'s seismic data for Block L17 in Mae Sot, Thailand. JSX said that its management is encouraged by the results, which reveal dramatic improvements in quality and line definition that will likely yield significant new information.
Carl Goldwater, Senior Geophysicist with Houston-based Petro-Ventures International, Inc., has been retained to provide an in-depth interpretation of the reprocessed data and final results are expected within a few weeks. Goldwater is a highly qualified expert in Thai petroleum geology and geophysics. He has undertaken a number of extensive projects in the Country over the past 30 years, including a complete gravity survey of the Mae Sot Basin and an in-depth interpretation of the prolific Phitsanulok Basin, which includes the 380,000,000-barrel Sirikit oilfield next door to JSX Block L17 in Mae Sot.
As one initial observation, Goldwater indicated that "stratigraphy observed on portions of Mae Sot seismic data is very similar to that of the hugely productive lacustrine section of the Phitsanulok Basin."
JSX Energy Inc. is an aggressive exploration company focused on high growth opportunities in Thailand's petroleum sector. Management is comprised of leading experts in Thailand's energy Industry who have positioned the company to benefit from revised government policies designed to increase domestic production.
- CGG Qualifies as Mexican Reserves Auditor (May 17)
- Karoon Engages CGGVeritas for 3D Seismic Survey in Permit WA-482-P (Jun 19)
- CGG: New Identity, New Acquisition (Jan 28)
Company: JSX Energy more info
- Interra Inks Deal for a 50% Stake in Thai Concessions (Nov 07)
- Thai Government Approved Interra's Farm-in/out Agreement with JSX (Oct 23)
- JSX Encouraged by Mae Sot Seismic Findings (May 08)
Company: Petro-Ventures International, Inc. more info
- JSX 'Encouraged' by Reprocessed Thai Seismic (Feb 28)