Emerald Announces Estimated Reserves for Centauro Sur
Emerald Emerald Energy Plc issued the following update on the Centauro Sur field in the Campo Rico Association Contract area in the Llanos basin in Colombia.
RPS Energy has completed an independent reserves evaluation of the Centauro Sur field using standard petroleum engineering techniques combining geological and production data with reservoir fluid characteristics and pressure information. Their reserve and resource estimates are based on the joint reserve definitions of the Society of Petroleum Engineers, the World Petroleum Congress and the American Association of Petroleum Geologists, which are widely used in the petroleum industry.
The proved plus probable ultimate oil recovery of the field has been estimated at 694 thousand barrels. The proved plus probable plus possible ultimate oil recovery of the field has been estimated at 964 thousand barrels.
The Centauro Sur field was discovered in April 2006 with the Centauro Sur No.1 well, which was put on production by the end of April 2006. A second well, Centauro Sur No.2, was drilled and commenced production in July 2006. The two wells currently have a combined oil production rate of about 700 bopd.
A flow line has been installed between the Centauro Sur field and the Campo Rico field production facilities so that the fluids may be gathered and processed cost-effectively using the existing facilities.
Emerald's Chief Executive Officer, Angus MacAskill, said:
"We are very pleased to have been able to use our experience in the Campo Rico
block to discover additional reserves and develop them effectively using the
existing production facilities. The Centauro Sur field is our third field
discovery in this block and we are continuing to identify additional
opportunities within the block."
- Oil Price, Industry Costs Dominate Debate at SPE Amsterdam Meet (Oct 27)
- SPE to Host 'World First' Event on Workplace Discrimination (Sep 08)
- SPE Names New Chairman (Aug 17)
Company: Emerald Energy more info
- Emerald Aims to Restart Colombia Oil Operations Amid Security Woes (Nov 17)
- Exploratory Well Drilling Commenced in Colombia (May 27)
- La Cortez Optimistic of Mirto Area's Potential (Apr 12)
Company: RPS Energy more info
- Meridian Petroleum Divests Working Interest in Orion 36 Well (Jun 29)
- Aurelian Reports on Polish Seismic, Romanian Appraisal Results (Apr 07)
- Bankers Petroleum Cites Albanian Reserves Increase in 2008 (Mar 27)
Company: World Petroleum Congress more info
- Global Energy Issues Audited 2006 Results (Apr 19)
- Lukoil Corrects Press Reference to Auditing Firm (Apr 19)
- Lukoil Reports 20.4B Barrels Proved Reserves (Mar 05)
Company: American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) more info
- Schlumberger Recognizes AAPG Student Chapters (Apr 03)
- EnerGulf: Offshore Namibia Contracts Awarded (Mar 21)
- Emerald Announces Estimated Reserves for Centauro Sur (Feb 27)