Rocksource: Morian 4 Production Better than Expected
Rocksource ASA Group has through its US subsidiaries recently completed the Morian 4 well and started to deliver gas to sales.
The current flow rate is ca. 1.5 million cubic feet/day, equivalent to ca. 250 barrels of oil equivalent (boe) per day, through an 8/64` choke. This flow rate exceeds expectations given by Sandhawk Energy LLC, the formal operator of the well. The well is currently flowing without any stimulation, but this may be considered at a later stage.
The production rate is very encouraging and is an important step toward achieving the target of production in excess of 1,000 boe/day within 2007.
The drilling rig is currently deepening the
Morian 3 well to increase the reserve and
production potential. The result from this
deepening is expected to be announced shortly,
and the rig will move to the Morian 5 location
to spud the next production well.
- Gas Discovery at Ivory Well Inconclusive (Dec 02)
- VNG's Pil Well Flows at 6,710 Bopd (Apr 10)
- VNG Norge Hits Oil, Gas with Pil Well (Mar 06)
Company: Sandhawk Energy LLC more info
- Rocksource Hits End-of-Year Production Target in Early January (Jan 09)
- Rocksource Reaches 2007 Target Production Early (Oct 12)
- Rocksource Reports Progress on US Drilling Campaign (May 08)