Elixir Petroleum Spuds Well on Guinea Prospect
Elixir Petroleum says that drilling operations have commenced on its Guinea prospect in UKCS Block 15/13b.
The Guinea well, designated as 15/13b-8, was spudded on February 25, 2007 by the Borgsten Dolphin operated by Nexen Petroleum (UK) Limited. Drilling time to the planned total depth of approximately 2,150m is expected to be around 20 days, assuming no downtime.
The well is targeting a Palaeocene prospect in the Balmoral sandstone with significant oil potential.
The two farminees, Nexen and Gas Plus Italiana SpA, will be funding the cost of the well to earn interests of 50% and 12.5% respectively in the 15/13b block. Elixir has a 13.125% interest in the block and its share of the well costs is being fully carried by Nexen and Gas Plus.
Elixir will make further announcements regarding the progress in the Guinea well once the target zone is intersected or if significant hydrocarbons are encountered in the interim.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: Elixir Petroleum more info
- Elixir Petroleum Acquires AWE's 57.5% Stake in Cliff Head Oil Field Off WA (Oct 26)
- Adriatic Oil Gives Up North Sea License (Feb 24)
- Adriatic Oil Farms into Moray Firth Licenses (Dec 07)
Company: Gas Plus Italiana more info
- Mediterranean Mobilizes Rigs for Exploration (Jan 28)
- MOG Awarded Four Italian Exploration Permits (Oct 30)
- Sterling Farms-out Romanian and UK North Sea Acreage (Oct 24)