YPFB, Gazprom Sign MOU for Collaboration
Bolivia's state oil company YPFB and Russian natural gas major Gazprom have signed a memorandum of understanding to develop a formal joint work framework, YPFB said in a statement.
The companies will create a coordination committee within the next month to identify projects that could be jointly developed.
The two companies are interested in developing Bolivia's gas reserves throughout the hydrocarbons chain, as well as marketing of products outside Bolivia.
Bolivia has vast gas reserves and aims to increase its production as well as add value to its gas, rather than simply exporting rich gas to neighboring countries.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
- Russia's Gazprom Signs LNG Supply Deal With Ghana (Sep 18)
- Gazprom Says Sanctions Won't Stop Nord Stream 2 Pipeline Project (Aug 30)
Company: YPFB more info
- Bolivia Seals Exploration Deal with Gazprom, Total (Aug 02)
- Argentina's Chubut Province Gives YPF 7-Day Ultimatum (Mar 02)
- Petrobras Amends Natural Gas Purchase Agreement with YPFB (Dec 21)