Enarsa, Repsol YPF Could Explore Malvinas Basin in 2008
Argentina's state energy company Enarsa could work with Spanish oil major Respol YPF (NYSE: REP) on hydrocarbons exploration in the offshore Malvinas basin, a Repsol spokesperson told BNamericas, confirming a report in newspaper El Cronista.
The basin exploration is due to take place in 2008, the paper reported.
Repsol previously announced plans to invest US$4.6mn for E&P in Argentina in 2007-09.
Offshore exploration in Argentina has potential, and the newly formed state company already holds stakes in several joint exploration agreements.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: ENARSA more info
- Argentina Suspends Auction for Offshore Blocks (Aug 09)
- Argentina Could Know Its Oil, Gas Output Potential by 2011 (Dec 02)
- ENARSA, Sipetrol Argentina YPF & Enap Begin Drilling in the Argentine Sea (Sep 23)