Hallin Wins Offshore Malaysia Contract from McDermott
Hallin Marine is mobilizing a new Saturation Diving System, crew and divers onto the J. Ray McDermott Pipelay and Derrick Barge DB26 that will be performing pipeline construction work offshore East Malaysia for Sarawak Shell Berhad, part of the Royal Dutch Shell Group.
This activity is part of the 2007 McDermott field development campaign works for Shell's Malaysian arm. With Subsea diving assistance from Hallin, McDermott will be completing installation of offshore platforms and interconnecting subsea pipelines. The primary focus of Hallin's workscope is to provide the Saturation Diving System and specialist construction diving personnel to support the subsea construction activities in water depths to 100m. Mobilization works have already commenced. The contract period is 10 months with options to extend thereafter.
The system Hallin is mobilizing is its latest new build Saturation Diving System Sat 05 for the McDermott works. The construction of the system was completed at Hallin's yard in Singapore in February this year. Built to ABS Class, Sat 05 is a 12-man saturation system with a 3-man bell, Gas Reclaim and Hyperbaric Rescue Chamber. Hallin is currently building a further two new build saturation diving systems which it expects to complete later this year.
The contract, awarded by McDermott, starts immediately and will last for 10 months initially, with possible extensions thereafter. This is the second contract Hallin has been awarded by major offshore contractor J. Ray McDermott in as many years.
Hallin Chief Executive John Giddens said: "We are delighted our newest, classed system has been selected by an industry leader: J. Ray McDermott, over the competition for this contract. Once again a new Hallin system has gone directly from our construction yard to profitable offshore work."
- McDermott CEO Bets on Next Turnaround at Ailing Chicago Bridge (Jan 09)
- Oil-Focused Engineering Firms McDermott, Chicago Bridge To Merge (Dec 18)
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Hallin Marine more info
- Hallin Completes Replacement of Mooring Lines for FPSO HYSY111 in China (Aug 26)
- Hallin Supports Subsea 7 in Offshore Installation Work in Bay of Bengal (Apr 17)
- Hallin Marine Completes Subsea Project at Thailand's Bualuang Oil Field (Feb 28)