Ecopetrol, Petroperu Sign MOU for Joint Projects
Colombia's and Peru's respective state oil companies Ecopetrol and Petroperu have signed an MOU for potential collaboration, Ecopetrol said in a statement.
The two companies will create an executive committee to identify potential joint projects throughout the hydrocarbons chain of Colombia, Peru and elsewhere. Further, companies will evaluate biofuels projects.
The MOU represents a first step toward developing joint projects though more specific common interests have yet to be determined, a Petroperu spokesperson told BNamericas.
The memorandum has an initial five-year term and can be extended for equal periods.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Names New CEO, Echeverry Resigns (Aug 17)
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Rubiales Oil Output Hit By Protests (Jun 27)
- Rebel Bomb Attack Halts Colombia's Cano Limon Crude Pipeline (Jun 22)
Company: Petroperu more info
- Company: Explosion At Petroperu Crude Oil Tank Kills Two Workers (Dec 06)
- Peru Crude Oil Pipeline Resumes Operation After Year Of Spills (Sep 26)
- Peru To Issue Up To $3B In Bonds To Finance State-Run Oil Firm (Apr 18)