Fugro Wins Mideast Seismic Contract
Fugro has been awarded work of major high density 3D and regional 2D marine seismic project by the Al-Khafji Joint Operations. The award comprises the 3D and 2D marine seismic data acquisition and the full scale seismic data processing. The project, which is to start in late April 2007, will be carried out in the KJO Offshore area. The duration of the project is up to twelve months. The total value of the contract is USD 38 million (EUR 29 million).
Al-Khafji Joint Operations is a joint venture between the Aramco Gulf Operations Company Limited and Kuwait Gulf Oil Company (K.S.C.), at Al-Khafji, Saudi Arabia, for oil and gas exploration, development and production in the KJO Offshore area.
Fugro will use its seismic vessel Geo Baltic for this project.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: Saudi Aramco more info
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Russia Says It May Invest in Aramco IPO Via Fund With China (Feb 14)
- Permian Seen Second to Saudis for Spare Oil-Output Capacity (Feb 05)
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
Company: Kuwait Gulf Oil Co. (KGOC) more info
- Kuwait Emir: Exports from Joint Oil Fields with Saudi to Resume (Jan 21)
- Saudi, Kuwait to Shut Joint Oilfield for 2 Weeks - Kuwaiti Source (May 11)
- Oil and Gas Found in Shared Zone - Kuwaiti Oil Executive (Mar 29)