Statoil Gets Okay to Drill Well 15/6-9S
Statoil ASA has received consent from the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway to conduct exploration drilling with the West Epsilon on well 15/6-9S.
Well 15/6-9S is part of production license 303 situated in the southern part of the North Sea.
According to the plan, drilling will commence in February 2007. The activity will last for approximately 50 days. Consideration will also be given to drilling a sidetrack (duration approximately 15 days).
The well will be permanently plugged.
The West Epsilon is a jackup operated by Seadrill Offshore AS, Stavanger. The facility received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in February 2003.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)