Rio Negro E&P Bidding Rules Attract 11 Buyers
Eleven companies have purchased bidding rules to date for the E&P of seven oil blocks in the Neuquen basin of Argentina's Rio Negro province, the provincial government said in a statement.
The companies that have purchased bidding rules are Spanish oil major Repsol YPF (NYSE: REP), Brazil's federal energy company Petrobras (NYSE: PBR), Canadian oil company Petrolifera Petroleum (TSX: PDP), Anglo-Argentine firm Pan American Energy (NYSE: PAE), the Argentine subsidiary of US firm Vintage (NYSE: VPI) and local firms Pluspetrol, Interenergy, Tecpetrol, Petrolera Entre Lomas, Compania General de Combustibles (CGC) and Oil M&S.
The blocks are Agua Amarga, Aguada de Córdoba, El Cuy, Lago Pellegrini, Meseta Baya, Vaca Mahuida and Villa Regina.
The province will continue selling bidding rules through March 20 and open technical offers the following day.
The province likely will open economic bids April 26 and award the blocks from May-June, provincial hydrocarbons department director Tamara Perez Balda told BNamericas.
The blocks closer to Lago Pellegrini are more likely to produce gas, Balda said.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Vintage Petroleum more info
- Bolivia: Four Companies Operating Under New Contracts (Jun 27)
- Meridian: On Track with Business Plan (May 09)
- Rio Negro E&P Bidding Rules Attract 11 Buyers (Feb 20)
Company: Pluspetrol more info
- Government: Bids on Peru's Biggest Oil Block to Start in April (Mar 06)
- Pluspetrol Interested in Bidding on Peru's Biggest Oil Block (Feb 11)
- Argentina's Pluspetrol to Buy Apco Oil and Gas for $427 Million (Oct 03)
Company: Pan American Energy more info
- Pan American Energy to Invest $1.4B in Argentina this Year (Jul 14)
- Official: Argentina To Boost Crude Oil Output To 653,000 Bpd By 2025 (May 27)
- Pan American Energy to Invest $3.4B in Argentina from 2013-2017 (Dec 28)
Company: Petrolifera Petroleum more info
- Gran Tierra to Acquire Petrolifera (Jan 18)
- Petrolifera to Start Gas Production at Brillante Well (Nov 11)
- Petrolifera Wraps Up Long Term Test in Colombia (Sep 21)