Neptune Successfully Completes First Gulf of Mexico Repair Project
Neptune Marine Services has successfully completed its first subsea repair project on an offshore production platform in the Gulf of Mexico for a large independent US oil company. The project was completed in partnership with Cal Dive International.
On completion of the repair, the NEPSYS weld was tested in accordance with international standard AWS D1.1. This further supports the viability of the NEPSYS system for effecting permanent repairs to underwater infrastructure.
Neptune has also recently completed a demonstration of its patented NPESYS technology to more than 20 consulting engineers for some of the U.S.' largest oil and gas producers. This is expected to lead to new opportunities in the Gulf of Mexico in the very near future.
Neptune's Managing Director, Christian Lange, said the completion of this first repair project, exactly as per scheduled, and the recent demonstration of the NEPSYS technology were two significant developments for the company.
"Completing this project to schedule is strategically very important for Neptune. It is the first project that proves to potential customers in the international oil industry that the NEPSYS technology is validated, and far superior to other methods of repair that are not regarded as permanent solutions.
- American Eagle Energy Seeks Bankruptcy After Oil Price Drop (May 11)
- Cal Dive Sells GOM Surface Diving Fleet (Jun 04)
- Cal Dive Makes a Big Splash with Pemex Contract (May 15)
Company: Neptune Marine Services more info
- Neptune Marine Services Bags Quadrant's Contract for Work Off Australia (Sep 27)
- Neptune Marine Services Wins Contract from PTTEP Australasia (Jul 28)
- Neptune Bags Kitan Disconnection Project Contract from Technip (Feb 11)