NGC Signs Additional NatGas Supply Deals
Trinidad & Tobago's National Gas Company (NGC) has concluded negotiations with Anglo-Australian resource group BHP Billiton (NYSE: BHP) and US oil company EOG Resources (NYSE: EOG) for the supply of 330Mf3/d (9.35Mm3/d) of natural gas.
BHP will supply an average of 220Mf3/d from offshore block 2(c), which the resource group operates in a consortium with Canada's Talisman Energy (NYSE: TLM) and France's Total (NYSE: TOT), NGC said in a statement.
EOG will provide 110Mf3/d from the Toucan field in its offshore block 4(a), the statement SAID.
Last month, NGC signed a heads of agreement with UK gas company BG (NYSE: BRG) and US oil major Chevron (NYSE: CVX) for the supply of 220Mf3/d of natural gas.
These agreements will soon be converted to long-term supply contracts and "are a major step forward in meeting the gas supply requirements for the next wave of petrochemicals, metals and other industrial plants scheduled to come onstream in the timeframe 2009-10," the statement said.
NGC's gas supply portfolio will exceed 2.1Bf3 by 2010, the statement said.
The state gas company's largest customer segment is petrochemicals, which accounts for 70.9% of gas sales, while power generation represents 16.9%, according to NGC's website.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: EOG Resources, Inc. more info
- Texas' Austin Chalk Booms While Shale Plays Remain Mostly Dormant (Dec 07)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
- US Drillers Add No Oil Rigs as Harvey Slows Production - Baker Hughes (Sep 01)