U.S. Coast Guard Searching for Survivors from Helicopter Crash
The Coast Guard is searching for two persons today after the helicopter they were on crashed about 50 miles south of Mulberry Island, La.
The helicopter, an EC-120 owned by Era Helicopters LLC of Lake Charles, La, crashed with two persons aboard during a landing attempt on an oil production platform at about 8:30 a.m. today.
A HH-65 Dolphin rescue helicopter crew from Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans and a HU-25 Falcon rescue jet crew from Aviation Training Center Mobile, Ala., are working with good Samaritans and company assets to search for the two individuals.
- US Coast Guard, EPA Cleaning Up A Dozen Texas Chemical Spills After Harvey (Sep 11)
- Coast Guard: US Oil Platform On Fire In Gulf Of Mexico; No Injuries (May 22)
- Houston Channel Slowly Reopens; Vessel Queue Tops 100 (Mar 25)
Company: Era Helicopters more info
- Two Fatalities Confirmed in Helicopter Crash Offshore Louisiana (Feb 13)
- U.S. Coast Guard Searching for Survivors from Helicopter Crash (Feb 12)