Dejour Announces Peace River Arch Projects
Dejour Energy Alberta Ltd. (DEAL) has negotiated agreements covering six strategic projects in the Peace River Arch area of northwest Alberta and northeast British Columbia, Canada. The first of these projects has commenced operations and all six are scheduled for drilling and or completion prior to the end of June 2007. Dejour is earning a 33% average net working interest in these projects inclusive of the previously announced Noel project, one of the six projects.
Dejour will invest approximately CDN$4 million in an initial nine well drilling and recompletion program which has the potential for as many as 30 wells to maximize gas production from earned and optioned lands. As of this date, DEAL estimates that its share of a prospective resource estimate ranges from 16 - 32 BCFG. Dejour's share of full development is preliminarily budgeted at a further CDN$12 million. This would equate to a finding and development cost into pipe of CDN$0.50-$1.00/mcf.
Dejour estimates that a successful program should result in daily production of 8 mmcf/d net to Dejour (risked 50%), providing gross revenues approximating CDN$ 18 million annually (cash flow CDN$ 12 million) using $6/mcf gas pricing when fully developed. Dejour and its partners expect to be drilling some of these projects into pending land sales. Consequently, drilling results may be held confidential where sensitive. A complete summary of the initial nine well program will be forthcoming when concluded.
Company personnel are very active reviewing a proliferation of projects of healthy economic potential, coupled with relatively low geologic risk, that are finding their way to market during this temporary period of uncertainty in the Canadian gas E&P business.
Dejour Energy USA has increased its gross land position in this project to greater than 285,000 acres (59,400 net) through recent acquisitions of federal leases at auctions. These purchases were designed to enhance the respective existing land holdings by Dejour and its partners, Brownstone and Retamco. Retamco, the major partner and operator has been notified by the Bureau of Land Management that applications for drilling permits are currently being reviewed and should be issued late in Q1-07. This time frame is viewed positively by Dejour and its partners, as land prices are continually rising, new 'flex' rigs are being introduced to the area bringing important drilling economies, and the drilling and acquisition plans of the larger companies in the region are poised to positively impact our lease investment in these basins.
Dejour expects that the initial permits to be approved will cover the Barcus Federal leases (1920 acres) of the Rio Blanco Deep project, targeting the blanket Mesa Verde sands at 11000'. Drilling activity in this area has been very active by companies such as Williams Co. (on Exxon lands) and Bass Operating on adjacent leases. Williams Cos. has recently completed a pipeline to the edge of this lease block to tie-in Bass wells. Exxon stated late in 2006 that it is mobilizing 14 rigs to drill 1000 wells in this same area.
The Oil & Gas Investor (November 2006) states that the overall drilling activity in the Rocky Mountain basins, where the Piceance and Uinta basins are dominant, will exceed 43,000 wells in the next 5 years representing an industry investment of over $25 billion. Key major players include EnCana Oil & Gas (USA) Inc., The Williams Cos., Bill Barrett Corp., ExxonMobil and ConocoPhillips, Occidental and Marathon.
Dejour Enterprises Ltd. is a Canadian energy company focused on exploration and development of uranium and oil & gas while leveraging opportunities that exist as a result of the global market's decreasing conventional supply and increasing demand for energy.
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil's Reserves Jump 19% On Growth In US Shale, UAE (Feb 09)
- ExxonMobil Hits Baytown Ethane Cracker Milestone (Feb 07)
- ExxonMobil Stock Rout Deepens as Profit Flub Meets S&P 500 Plunge (Feb 05)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- Shale Producers Urge FERC To Deny White Cliffs Oil Pipeline's Fee Request (Feb 23)
- Why Canada Is The Next Frontier For Shale Oil (Jan 29)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Marathon Oil Company more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Williams Energy more info
- Williams-ETE $20B Merger Heads to Courtroom Showdown (Jun 17)
- Energy Transfer CEO on Williams: We can't close this deal (May 05)
- Energy Transfer Lost $1.8 Billion in Williams Deal Earnings (Mar 25)
Company: Occidental Petroleum more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- What Women Really Want on the Job? Ask Big Oil's Only Female CEO (Feb 23)
- Media: Cleanup Underway After Centurion Pipeline Oil Spill In Oklahoma (Feb 19)
- Occidental Petroleum Profit Matches Street Forecast; Shares Slip (Feb 13)
Company: U.S. Bureau of Land Management more info
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- EnerVest Files Suit Over BLM Utah Permit Denial (Dec 15)
- Industry Groups Say Proposed Flaring Rules are Costly, Unnecessary (Jan 22)
Company: EnCana more info
- Permian's Mammoth Cubes Herald Supersized Future for Shale (Feb 22)
- Why Canada Is The Next Frontier For Shale Oil (Jan 29)
- Encana Calls End to Permian Race as Focus Turns to Output (Oct 18)
Company: Bill Barrett Corporation more info
- Bill Barrett To Sell Gas Assets, Buy Oil Properties (Sep 16)
- Bill Barrett Earmarks $475-$525M for 2013 Capex (Jan 04)
- Bill Barrett Adds Member to BOD (Dec 01)
Company: Brownstone Ventures more info
- Brownstone Ventures Takes New Name (Jan 17)
- Quetzal Starts Seismic Survey in Colombia, Updates Guatemala Ops (Jan 10)
- Quetzal Discovers Oil in Canaguaro Block (Nov 22)
Company: Dejour Enterprises more info
- Dejour Drills 3rd Successful Well in Canada (Oct 14)
- Dejour Ramps Reserve Value by 150% at Woodrush (Aug 03)
- Dejour Highlights '09 Results, Key 2010 Objectives (Apr 02)
Company: Retamco more info
- Dejour Primed for Piceance-Uinta Campaign (Jun 22)
- Dejour Receives Approved Permits for Piceance Drilling (Apr 30)
- Dejour Announces Peace River Arch Projects (Feb 13)