Rocksource Hires New Personnel
Lars Kristian Stronen, Dr. Knut Arne Borresen and Ole Johan Ostvedt have joined Rocksource ASA as Staff Geophysicist, Staff Reservoir Engineer and Business Development Manager, respectively.
Stronen has 25 years of industry experience and comes to Rocksource from the position as Lead Geophysicist with Statoil. He was Exploration Geophysicist with Esso Norway in the period 1981-1988 and has since 1991 been with the Gullfaks Production Asset in Statoil.
Borresen has 13 years of industry experience and comes to Rocksource from the position as Petroleum Engineer with Kvitebjorn Petek in Statoil.
Ostvedt has 21 years of experience and comes from the positions as Area Supervisor with DONG Energy Norge. He was senior exploration geologist with Esso Norge for 5 years, thereafter he worked with exploration and development planning in Statoil for 8 years. Prior to joining DONG he was 5 years in the NPD working with, licensing, pre-qualification of companies and was project leader for the NPD resource assessment published in 2003. He also worked with international assignments.
The new addition of key personnel brings the
total number of employees to 29, of which 21
within geology and geophysics (G&G). Of the G&G
personnel 13 have a PhD or will obtain their
degree shortly. In addition Rocksource has
established an Advisory Board with five very
experienced professionals who will contribute
both to technology and business development.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Rocksource ASA more info
- Gas Discovery at Ivory Well Inconclusive (Dec 02)
- VNG's Pil Well Flows at 6,710 Bopd (Apr 10)
- VNG Norge Hits Oil, Gas with Pil Well (Mar 06)