Total: Egina Field Possible Candidate for Stand Alone Development
After yielding several promising discoveries, the Egina field on Total-operated OML 130 may be suitable for stand-alone development. Alongside NNPC, Sapetro, Petrobras and CNOOC, Total holds a 24% stake in OML 130, which is located around 150 kilometers off the coast of Nigeria.
The first stage in the exploration of OML 130 was the discovery of the Akpo field in 2000. Akpo is expected to start production in late 2008 and eventually reach peak production of 225,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day, of which nearly 80% will be condensate. Since the Akpo discovery, the presence of a new structure was revealed by the discovery—around 20 kilometers from Akpo—of Egina-1 in December 2003 and Egina-2 in October 2004.
After reprocessing the existing seismic survey, an appraisal program was launched to size the Egina discovery. Drilled in a water depth of around 1,500 meters, the Egina-3 (September 2006), Egina-4 (November 2006) and Egina-5 (January 2007) wells encountered 60 to 80 meters of oil in Miocene sands, confirming the possibility of a stand-alone development of the field. The Egina-5 well was tested to assess its production potential, which could reach around 12,000 barrels per day.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: CNOOC more info
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
Company: Nigerian National Petroleum Corp. (NNPC) more info
- Nigeria's State Oil Company Signs Deals With Chevron, Shell (Aug 03)
- Nigeria To Continue Oil Exploration In Lake Chad Basin Despite Kidnapping (Jul 31)
- Nigeria Says Has Rescued Oil Firm Staff Kidnapped By Suspected Boko Haram (Jul 26)