Conversion Started on Maari FPSO Vessel Raroa
Conversion of a large oil tanker into the FPSO vessel to service the Maari offshore Taranaki oil field for operator OMV New Zealand has begun in a Singapore shipyard.
The floating production storage and offloading vessel, which has been renamed Raroa, will be created by conversion of the 92,802 deadweight tonne tanker Andaman Sea.
Singapore's SembCorp Marine announced that its subsidiary Jurong Shipyard had secured the Maari FPSO conversion contract from Tanker Pacific Offshore Terminals.
SembCorp Marine said the Raroa contract starts immediately.
Modification works on the FPSO Raroa entail installing an internal turret, three on-deck boilers to generate up to 20MW of power, renewal of the entire piping and electrical systems, and installation of process facilities including crude separation, water injection and chemical injection.
Once the contract was completed during the last quarter of 2007 the FPSO would then be leased to OMV.
Raroa would be able to process up to 40,000 barrels of oil per day (bopd) with a storage capacity of up to 646,548 barrels of oil, and to operate for 15 years without dry docking.
Total recoverable reserves in the Maari petroleum mining permit PMP 38160 are estimated to be about 50 million barrels of crude. Initial maximum oil production rate is expected to be about 35,000 bopd, from the second quarter of 2008. Production would continue for about 10 years
The Maari partners are OMV NZ (69%), Horizon Oil (10%), Todd Petroleum Mining (16%) and Cue Energy Resources (5%).
- OMV Ramps Up Search For Gas In Austria (Jan 29)
- Qatargas Signs Deal To Deliver LNG To Austria's OMV (Dec 20)
- CEO: OMV To Become Bigger, Grow Marketing Outside Of Europe (Dec 20)
Company: Todd Petroleum more info
- OMV Gets First Oil from Maari Growth Project (Dec 01)
- Drilling at Hoki-1 Further Delayed by Rig Repair (Mar 19)
- AWE Ready to Spin Bit at Hoki-1 Offshore NZ (Mar 05)
Company: Horizon Oil more info
- Drilling Commences at WZ 12-8W-A6P1 Appraisal Well in China's Beibu Gulf (Nov 17)
- Ensco 107 Prepares to Demobilize from Maari Field Offshore New Zealand (Jul 07)
- OMV Successfully Completes Maari Redevelopment Project Off New Zealand (Jul 02)
Company: Cue Energy Resources more info
- Sampang JV Approves Project to Extend Field Life by 2 Years to 2020 (Sep 22)
- SKK Migas Extends Exploration Period for East Kalimantan's Mahakam PSC (May 04)
- NOPTA Approves Cue's WA-359-P Work Program Suspension, Extends Permit Term (Apr 14)