Fairmount Wins Transportation Contract for Essar Wildcat
Immediately after delivering the Rowan Paris on her final drilling location in the Persian Gulf, Fairmount Sherpa commenced a long mobilization from Dubai to the Invergordon in the North Sea. Her next task is the towage of the semisub Essar Wildcat (ex-Transocean Wildcat).
The semisub was acquired by Essar recently and is presently being prepared for the voyage to her new destination, Kakinada India. Due to the height of the derrick a voyage via the Suez Canal was not a possibility and therefore the voyage go via Cape of Good Hope.
Based on our experience with the sister rig to the Essar Wildcat, the Frontier Driller which achieved speeds with Fairmount Glacier of well over 8 knots in normal weather conditions, we expect that the voyage should be completed in approximately 72 days, weather permitting.
- Fairmount Successfully Tows FPSO Petrojarl Knarr to Norway from South Korea (Sep 22)
- Fairmount Marine Tows Naga 3 Jackup to Block 15-2 Offshore Vietnam (May 28)
- Fairmount Marine Tows Naga 3 to Vung Tau, Vietnam to Prepare for JVPC's Job (May 02)
Company: Essar Oilfield Services Ltd more info
Manages 3 Offshore Rigs
- ONGC Remains Strong in India Market (Oct 23)
- Essar to Close on 2 Jackups by End of October (Oct 09)
- Essar Wildcat to Continue Operations Offshore India (Sep 21)