DSME Reaches Safety Milestone on Agbami FPSO Project
As of January 10, 2007, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co., Ltd. (DSME) accomplished 4 million work-hours incident-free during the construction of the Agbami FPSO.
There have been no reports of safety incidents on the project since February 2006.
To commemorate the milestone, Chevron donated 2,400 backpacks to DSME's Offshore Business Division.
The Agbami project marked its commencement with a steel cutting ceremony in November 2005. It will set sail at the end of August 2007.
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Daewoo more info
- Woodside Discovers Gas at Thalin-1A Well Offshore Myanmar (Feb 12)
- Deep-Sea Plan Fails, Leaving Korean Shipyards Struggling (Jul 27)
- Daewoo Names New Chief After Ex-CEO Quits Over Myanmar Gas Sale Spat (Jun 17)