Kencana Petroleum Wins Platform Contract
Kencana Petroleum's wholly owned subsidiary, Kencana HL Sdn Bhd has received a Letter of Award from Carigali-PTTEPI Operating Company for the provision of Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning of offshore platform and structures referred to as CLQ Deck and Jacket, CFP and Tripod and three Bridges.
The contract covers the provision of engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning of multiple structures and sub-structures for Block B-17 within the Malaysia Thailand Joint Development Area. The Contract value is estimated at approximately US $39 million (RM136.5 million). The Contract scope will be carried-out mostly in Kencana HL's fabrication yard in Lumut, Perak. Work is expected to be fully completed by mid 2009.
This is the third contract secured by Kencana Petroleum Group within the Malaysia Thailand Joint Development Area. Currently the Group is already undertaking two separate contracts for the green field and brown field development projects within the Malaysia Thailand Joint Development Area. Both of the two contracts are for Carigali Hess Operating Company Sdn Bhd to provide engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning of structures and modules valued at a total of US $254 million. These two projects are estimated to be completed by end 2007.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
Company: Kencana Petroleum Bhd more info
- Kencana Expands Drilling Fleet (Aug 26)
- SapuraCrest, Kencana Petroleum to Merge in $3.95B Deal (Jul 11)
- Kencana Bags Construction Contract Offshore India (May 25)