COSL and Atlantis Deepwater Technology Set Up JV
China Oilfield Services Limited and Atlantis Deepwater Technology Holding AS have set up a joint venture company - Atlantis Deepwater Orient Limited ("ADOL"). COSL and ADTH will have 50% stake of ADOL respectively.
"Atlantis" is a new concept for deepwater drilling. It allows the 3rd generation of semisubmersible to operate in deepwater areas after fine-tuning and upgrading. This concept is the third deepwater drilling methods after the introduction of below-water BOP and above-water BOP. It is a well known concept in the world with 39 patents applied internationally. At present, the upgrade of deepwater drilling equipment, preparations and functional testing in the sea are in good progress.
Mr. Yuan Guangyu, CEO and President of COSL said," The industry development and the demands from clients are why COSL is working hard on exploring in deepwater drilling techniques. The establishment of joint venture with ADTH is one of the important steps to explore advanced deepwater oil drilling techniques. The successful exploration of the "Atlantis" concept will greatly enhance COSL deepwater drilling capability to about 1,500 meters."
- China's COSL Completes 3D Seismic Ops in North Barents Sea (Aug 10)
- COSL Completes its First Exploration Assignment in the Far East (Aug 08)
- COSL Appoints Qi Meisheng as CEO and President, Replaces Li Yong (Jun 16)
Company: Atlantis Deepwater Technology more info
- COSL Announces Success in ASDD Project (Jun 11)
- COSL and Atlantis Deepwater Technology Set Up JV (Feb 06)
- Frigstad Names New Director and CTO (Oct 31)